Hello ladies and gentlemen.
I am Pinkspen, BA|MSW, Professional Blogger, Feminist, Counselor, Women and Equality Advocate, creator and founder of LADYHOOD journey!
My site is currently under construction. Major changes will be taking place over the next few months. I am no techie, but I am doing my best to make my dream site a reality. Please be patient with me!
I love and appreciate you all!
My Purpose for creating LADYHOOD journey:
As I get older, I realize that I have not made mistakes, but I have done some things that I wish someone would have prevented me from doing. I know we all have to learn in our own way (usually the hard way), but I wish I would have had someone; a mentor that would have disclosed their struggles, experiences, what to look out for when it comes to relationships, love, friendships, college life, or even social concerns, I feel would have really benefited me.
Often times, we run to our family and friends for this advice, but their biases can pose concern when giving accurate advice. They love you, and have their own opinions on how your life should be because they want what they think, is the best for you.
We all do this…
Have you ever given advice to a friend about their relationship, and as soon as you are with your significant other, partner, boyfriend, lover, or even a FWB, all those words of wisdom disappeared as if you never uttered them in the first place? If so, this is the blog site for you.
Talking to a stranger, someone who does not know you (a mentor), can reveal those inadequacies that family and friends can’t.
I want to be that mentor for you!
Who is this site for:
- This site is for the high school girls thinking about college…for the freshman females learning themselves while on a college campus, for the “upper-classwomen” (Pinkspen) who have struggled with relationships on campus.
- This site is for the teenage girl who is struggling with self-esteem, self-care, self-love, and to find her identity in this world.
- This site is for the girls who feel like they are not pretty enough or smart enough to be everything they desire to be.
- This site is for the transgender girls and women who want equality.
- This site is for mothers raising young daughters.
- This site is for all women who struggle with the daily challenges of being a girl in a male dominated society.
The LADYHOOD journey Goal & Mission:
Goal: To help all women and girls collaborate by learning from another. To support one another with insecurities, low self-esteem, lack of self-worth, and to inspire them to reach their dreams.
Mission: LADYHOOD journey advocates for self-love, health and wellness, defying beauty standards, healthy relationships, and equality for all. This journey supports, uplifts and challenges all women to be the best versions of themselves.
Stay connected by following our:
- Weekly blog posts about:
- Women’s Rights
- Beauty Standards
- Relationships & Love
- Health & Wellness
- Monthly blog posts on special topics, including:
- My Motherhood Journey
- Lyrics for Life (lyrics about love, life, and relationships)
- Quotes for Life (quotes from strong advocates, leaders, and those who inspire)
- Facts of Life (facts from history and the present that will blow your mind)
- My sisters’ Adoption Story
LADYHOOD is a journey that never ends. Your journey is our journey.
…live, love, and learn from one another.
“girls turn into to teenage girls…teenage girls turn into women…
We are not born ladies, but we can become ladies; the best version of ourselves.” –Pinkspen