I am so thankful to Asmita Rajendra Chikhale for nominating me for a Liebster Award. This is my first recognition in this category and I am truly thankful to this woman for seeing the value in all I am trying to accomplish for college girls, women, and mothers.
Asmita considers herself to be an “ordinary girl from a middle class family…” but she is so much more than that. She is a wife, a foodie, a romantic, very creative, and has a genuine heart for making others feel good. Please check out her website New beginnings. Endless possibilities and her nomination My 1st Liebster Award.
To learn more about Asmita, you can also visit her About page HERE.
About Liebster Award
This award is given from blogger to blogger. It shows recognition and admiration. I love how Asmita provided the definition of the word Liebster “a German word that means ‘be loved or dearest’” and I am truly honored to be recognized and considered for this award.
The Instructions for Accepting the Liebster are:
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, link their blog and insert the award graphic.
- Write about your favorite blog and provide a link.
- Answer the questions provided to you, share a little bit about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 others and share your post with them so they see it.
- Develop a new set of questions for your nominations to answer.
My Favorite Blog
Mellie King, “The blogger. The servant. The lover. The storyteller.” This woman blessed my life about 9 months ago when I started using my Twitter account for the first time since 2014 when I created the account. She was hosting a 31 day Self Healing Journal Challenge and at the time, I was at the climax of my breaking point in my relationship.
I knew that it was a matter of time before we actually would end the relationship, but I was so regretful, resentful, and broken, that I didn’t know how to pick up the broken peices of my heart. I was in a dark place where I completely blamed myself for allowing such destruction in my life. Seeing this challenge, at that time, was a God send.
I participated in the entire 31 days; shared my responses and really took hold of she was trying to accomplish for each of her participants, healing. I felt more confident, prepared for the future, and capable of making the first positive step in my single-mom journey by connecting with Mellie and making the time to begin healing from my past.
I am still thankful to this woman for her inspiration, her transparancey; for her light, and her love. Truly a kind, God fearing, and gentle soul who seeks to empower others to be their best self. Follow Mellie King on her website HERE and follow her on Twitter @MELLiEPiNK.
My Responses to Asmita’s Questions
1. How do you motivate yourself?
When I think of motivation, I think of passion. Most of my writing comes from when I am feeling passionate. I feel motivated when I am in the company of the people I love. I motivate myself by meditating or watching something about relationships, beauty standards, or equality.
2. Three random facts about you which nobody knows.
- I use to sing Opera
- I was a virgin until I was 18
- I am just as equally an extrovert as I am an introvert
3. How much time do you dedicate for each post?
It truly depends on the type of blog post, the topic, and my passion for the subject. I would say on average, each blog post gets 24-48 hours of writing, editing, and review.
4. What is your favorite blog post?
“Beauty is…” please check it out.
5. Have you ever participated in any kind of social work?
I am a master’s of Social Work graduate from California University of Pennsylvania. I am currently working on attaining my LSW and then my LCSW. It is my passion to help women and families.
6. [What] is the most interesting thing on your Bucket List which [you have] yet to do?
Not sure if this is the most interesting, but I want visit and attend Afro Punk Festival.
7. Share your favorite quote.
“You are exactly where you need to be at this moment in time. Exactly where you’re suppose to be, to do what needs to happen in your life. That thing you’ve always wanted to do — the healing, the breaking free, the forgiving, the loving your body as she is — it can happen now.” -Anne-Sophie Reinhardt
8. What is your advice to new bloggers like me? Any suggestions to me?
Here is one of my tweets that I believe can help any blogger understand the importance of blogging for yourself, making genuine connections and staying focused on your “why” (why did you start blogging?)
Follow me on Twitter: @ladyjourney_
9. What is your dream?
To one day have my own non-profit counseling facility for women and families. I want to have a safe-space for women of every race, culture, age, religion, socioeconomic class, and sexual orientation can participate in individual and group counseling and host events that target women’s empowerment and healing over everything.
10. What makes you happy?
My daughter. Helping others. Connecting with people who are positive vibes only. Writing. Fellowship. Meditation. Dancing. Singing. Spending time with family and friends. Trying new wines. Photography.
11. What makes you feel proud?
Right now, my daughter has been the source of what makes me feel proud. I am definitely a proud mom. She is only 2 but she is extremely intelligent, she is feisty as hell, she’s caring, and she has such a kind heart.
My Liebster Award Nominees
- Takeia Cage, my friend and mentor. Takeia’s blog My Vicarious Life Blog, believes in “Helping women re-discover their light, while walking in their truth, unashamed.” She is a motivator, a leader, and strong advocate, and truly believes in womens empowerment.
- Shenica S. Nelson or She Ministries, is a blog that was founded by Shenica S. Nelson. “SHE is a called vessel helping others push beyond the barriers of life… that encourages prayer as you transition from season to season.”
- Travis Lee “was involved in a major car accident and as a result I was diagnosed with moderate traumatic brain injury.” He is a motivational and inspirational blogger on his website, Travis and the Brain shares his journey living with a traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- SimplyUntamedNatonya this blog “Untamed” is designed to “encourage a healthy inner beauty for a gratifying outer appearance. Only positive influence is expressed to flourish our spirits. Unleash your chains and let your heart speak.” Her slogan is “Simply me. Simply you. Simply us. Only untamed.”
- PAE Reviews or Erika Elizabeth Alexandria Parks, reviews products that she has personally used or experienced. “My goal is to share my views and meet like-minded people and to inspire others in any way possible.”
- Elle Arr Bee is a blogger who writes about what she is passionate about. She seeks to uplift and bring joy to others.
- kimpulsivity or Kimberley is a new blogger who is currently a “masters student studying the psychology of advertising.” This woman is on the rise as a lifestyle blogger.
- Travinna Nerestant is a beautiful soul. Her blog Nacho Average Ma is designed to help mothers and women by “eliminating loneliness and detachment among mothers. This blog is here to crush the strange standards placed on mothers to be ‘ideal.'” She focuses on motherhood, mental health, pop culture dating and relationships.
- hheygirlmel or Melissa is a motivational blogger who started “heygirlmel with one goal in mind: to encourage and uplift you.”
Congratulations on your nomination and please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org once you publish your post… I am eagerly waiting to see your responses!!!
My Questions to my Nominees
- When did you know that you wanted to be a blogger?
- How have you grown as an individual personally and professionally since you first started blogging?
- What is the toughest part of being a blogger?
- Where is the one place you would like to travel but have not been yet?
- Would you consider yourself to be an introvert or extrovert? Why?
- Where do you see yourself as a blogger in 5 years?
- What is one piece of advice that you would share to someone who wants to start a blog but is scared to begin?
I would like to personally thank all of you for who you have been in my life as a fellow blogger. Whether I have just connected with you or we have history, I truly appreciate each of you and the work you do to empower, challenge, inspire, and motivate others.