Tuesday, June 27, 2017
I went to bed tired, and I woke up tired. I am sore and nothing in me wanted to go and workout today. I have to push myself to think differently, eat differently, and love my body differently by taking care of it. Working out is showing me that my body is weak…
I am not able to do certain things, but I am rebuilding my muscles and working hard to reach my goal of losing 20 lbs by July 17, 2017, the last day of the 21-day-detox.
My workout for Day 2 was not as difficult as I imagined. Although, I am sore, once I started each exercise, my body adapted and the soreness transformed to a good burn in my muscles. Each workout is 50 minutes and during this 21 days, I have to workout at The Camp, at least 15x; so 2 down and 13 to go!
- Day 2: Pre-workout smoothie/Breakfast
- 1 scoop Pea Protein Powder
- 8 oz. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 (large) Strawberries
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- (handful) Blueberries
- 1 tsp. Milled Flax Seed
- Day 2: Post Workout Protein Shake/Lunch
- 2 scoops of Pea Protein Powder (Need some stevia/too chalky)
- (handful) Spring Mix
- (handful) Spinach
- 1 tsp. Flax Seed
- 8-10 oz. Almond Milk
- 1 Apple
- 1 Pear
- 1 Banana
- 3 scoops It Works! Greens blend
Do you feel the burn in your muscles, that is your body’s way of telling you where it is weak. But weakness can be built into strength. You are capable of overcoming the burn.
Daily Gratitude Log:
Here are the 5 things I am grateful for today:
- I am still so thankful for my support systems, my family, friends, colleagues, and social groups I am a part of; It is much appreciated and you are all so motivating and inspiring.
- Thanking God for giving me strength to get out of bed, because I almost didn’t do my workout this morning.
- The guy in my workout class that gave me a fist pump this morning; it helped me push
- To the workout instructor that came and held my feet and challenging me to “end strong” as I did my toe-touches
- My daughter for staying asleep until mommy was ready to get her dressed for school.