There are so many reasons for me to be grateful for the last 28 years. I have decided to focus on those things and the people in my life that make life so great! On your birthday, make a list of what and who you are grateful for!
Here are the 28 Reasons why 28 years have been so amazing:
1. My relationship with God – for guiding my steps and for your grace.
2. My daughter – for her laugh, smile and for making me a stronger woman.
3. My mother – for her love, continous support, and for being there as a mentor, good parent to me, and grandparent to my daughter.
4. My father – for his love, advice, support and for being a role model, awesome father and grandfather.
5. My younger sister – for your kind heart, your love, and for your consistent support. You are a wonderful auntie!
6. My daughters Godmother – you have been there as a friend and cousin; always giving her time, laughs and long talks.
7. My aunts, uncles, all of my cousins -from my mom and dads side, the memories, the laughs, hugs and love means so much!
8. The father of my daughter – seeing him with her brings me so much joy.
9. My best friend (she knows who she is) – you are laughs, memories, love, and light in my life.
10. My Godsons – all three of you are amazing young boys and men, you are capable of everything you want, with God on your side.
11. My friends (near and far) – you are all so uniquely beautiful. I have a rainbow of friends and it is such a blessing. different cultures, races, genders, religions…all so beautiful, understanding, and uplifting!
12. The Pittsburgh Black Breastfeeding Circle – these women helped me through one of the most difficult times in my life, battling depression and breastfeeding was not easy, but I successfully nursed for 14 months with their support!
13. My It Works! team of Distributors – I am new to the business and being a business woman, and I feel so welcomed, valued, supported while receiving help tightening, toning, detoxing, and cleansing my body and getting out of debt while doing it.
14. My place of employment – for accepting me and taking a chance by giving me the opportunity to support my daughter after my unpaid maternity leave.
15. My BA in Creative Writing -although its rare to make money in it, I learned that if you use punctuation, you can write how you would like to. Your tone, style, should be unique.
16. My MSW degree – the day I decided to take some social work courses for an elective during my undergrad, was the day I knew that helping others was my passion.
17. My Strengths-Based Family Workers Credential class and classmates – for showing me the true importance of self-care.
18. My church – for allowing me to learn about God and experience rock climbing, cave exploring, paint ball, a zip line, high ropes courses, and for a famine where we slept in refrigerator boxes overnight, in the winter.
19. Precious Frazier, CEO of Rock Your Reality – for her mentor-ship in building my blog and brand.
20. Iced Coffee, Dark Beer, and Red Red Wine – you top off the night
21. For Ladies Night – the dancing, singing, laughing, bathroom talks… I love every chance I get!
22. The #Blacklivesmatter movement – for valuing human life, for making strides in protecting black girls and boys from police brutality, and for defying discrimination
23. The Women’s March for Peace – for placing value on protecting women and girls
24. The LGBT+ community – for Pride week, defying gender, sexual orientation, and religious standards; we are all equal.
25. Alessia Cara – you are the voice of this generation; you shine a light on uniqueness and ignoring popular culture.
26. The WordPress Blogging community and my 500+ followers – you have liked, re-blogged, gave advice and kind words by commenting, and to those who have shared my posts on social media, I have grown so much!!!!
27. My 4th grade teacher – you were always for peace and love…we have reconnected and no matter what, you are an inspiration
28. Youth and families – youth are the foundation of society and their families provide the foundation; build up families, build this nation.