Hello respective readers, bloggers, artists, photographers, and poets. This is Ta’lor Pinkston, and my blog LADYHOOD journey was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Aqsa Rahim . I thank you so much for considering me and for believing in the purpose of my blog.
The rules of The Blogger Recognition are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
I became a writer because I love telling stories, hearing stories; having a voice, is important to me, so I feel it is a universal right. Even if I disagree, I feel every individual should have the right to express themselves. I started my blog in October of 2015, with the desire to inspire, uplift, and challenge women to be the best versions of themselves through posts about self-love, positive body image, and equality. My target audience, at first, were college freshman females. I have always wanted to write a self-help book focused on preparing freshman females about the various aspects of college life. Overtime, my focus shifted on the concerns that all women face (including transgender women), and I think it is important to tell your thoughts, your opinion, your story. The LADYHOOD movement, is my way of giving back to younger generations of ladies that need role models that are imperfect, non-judgmental, uplifting, and an advocate for the rights of all women.
My Advice to New Bloggers:
- I have always struggled with technology… the terminology, the different icons… understanding never came easy, but I explored the WordPress Reader, where I discovered The Daily Post, which had a Blogging University, where they provide guidance on how to connect with other bloggers, how to enhance your site, and better ways to create posts. This really helped me to reach out to veteran bloggers and get some advice on how to make my site a success. It is still a work in progress but I have reached 91 followers and I am so honored to be a part of this blogging community. If you are struggling to make your blog more accessible, if you do not know how to connect with other bloggers, if you are not sure about the best way to create posts, or if you want more followers, please check out the links above for The Daily Posts, Blogging University.
- Don’t be afraid to share your story! We all have a voice. Even if you consider yourself to be “normal,” “average” or “boring,” your story can benefit someone in their lives. You should never silence yourself because your voice, your opinion, your morals; and they are valuable. So, write, write, write! Write every word, especially if it will make someone smile, feel good, or change a negative pattern.
I can’t wait to see all of your posts, and congratulations on this nomination. I truly enjoyed sharing a piece of myself with all of you.
Thank you again Aqsa Rahim for the nomination! (please check out her blog!)